Glenfiddich is among the few distilleries still managed today by its original founders, William Grant & Sons, which was founded in 1886.
Glenfiddich distillery was established in 1886 by William Grant, who also founded Balvenie and Mortlach.
Holding the title of best-selling single malt whisky, Glenfiddich is, without argument, one of the most well-known brands on the globe.
Distillery Output: 5,600,000l
Glenfiddich Distillery is a world-renowned single malt scotch whisky distillery based in the Scottish burgh of Dufftown in Moray.
While Glenfiddich boasts massive success, that isn’t to say they went without hardship. In 1989, one of their biggest customers, that used Glenfiddich single malt in their blend, Pattison, filed for bankruptcy, forcing the Grant family to blend their own whisky and quickly becoming a major success.
Over the years, Glenfiddich has continued to set itself apart from its peers using innovative techniques. An example of this was Grant Gordon, William’s grandson, who decided to increase production at the distillery during the peak of prohibition, making it 1 of 6 Scottish distilleries still operating at that time. This set them up for demand in fine, aged single malt upon the revoke of prohibition.
Glenfiddich distillery currently has a whopping 30 stills, 10 wash stills and 20 spirit stills. These 10, wash stills hold up to 9,000 litres in capacity. The 20 spirits stills hold up to 4,500 litres in capacity.
The warehouses at Glenfiddich total a massive 43 warehouses, which hold a total of over 800,00 casks.
- 12-Year-Old Our Original Twelve
- 14-Year-Old Our Bourbon Barrel Reserve
- 15-Year-Old Our Solera Fifteen
- 18-Year-Old Our Small Batch Eighteen
- 21-Year-Old Gran Reserva
- 23-Year-Old Gran Cru
- 26-Year-Old Grande Couronne
- Project XX
- IPA Experiment
- Winter Storm
- Fire & Cane
- Orchard Experiment
- 30-Years-Old Suspended Time
- 40-Years-Old Cumulative Time
- 50-Years-Old Simultaneous Time
- Glenfiddich Perpetual Collection VAT 01
- Glenfiddich Perpetual Collection VAT 02
- Glenfiddich Perpetual Collection VAT 03
- Glenfiddich Perpetual Collection VAT 04
- Glenfiddich Archive Collection